Modern Warfare 3 Forum - Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to MW3Fans! A forum dedicated to Modern Warfare 3. Discuss everything related to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Schofield: Huge visual difference between MW2 and MW3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheOne
Admin
TheOne

Schofield: Huge visual difference between MW2 and MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Schofield: Huge visual difference between MW2 and MW3   Schofield: Huge visual difference between MW2 and MW3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Critics of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 who label the game a cut and paste job simply have no idea how much has been improved over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Sledgehammer Games general manager Glen Schofield has told CVG.

"I'll tell you one thing. I've worked on a lot of engines over my lifetime and spent a lot of time putting graphics in to them and this thing is Porsche," said Schofield. "And what I mean by that is that it's steam-lined, everything in it is perfectly freaking clean. You can tell it's been worked on for years. It's easy to upgrade.

"We worked with engines before that are like f***ing spaghetti. You can't work on a part and put it back in without messing with everything else. Modern Warfare 3's levels now are so much bigger than the old ones because they go more vertically, they have a bigger footprint and on top of that, higher fidelity, more textures and a lot more detail."

Put this year's game side to side with Modern Warfare 2 and you "would see a huge difference," he added.

"Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water. There is so much that we've added, so when someone says 'cut and paste', I don't even want to talk to them because they don't know. They just don't know. They have no idea."

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be released November 8 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Back to top Go down

Schofield: Huge visual difference between MW2 and MW3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Modern Warfare 3 Forum - Discussion :: Modern Warfare 3 Discussion! :: Modern Warfare 3 News!-
Jump to: